You are beautiful because you are YOU. So SMILE ON, and be proud ... Love, Elyse :)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Does your fav nail polish chip too soon? I've found a quick fix...

New favorite nail polishes:
   Essie(can be found at walmart)
                                                #1 FAV. Mink Muffs-a milk choc topey color,
                which I have on NOW :)
                               #2 Ballet Slippers-a light nude pink
                                       & Nicole by OPI (walmart as well)#1 The next CEO
                                  #2  Love your life-the perfect glitter 
                                      w/hearts for Vday to put over any pink, 
                                     I put it over the ballet Slippers by Essie

Tip of the day***
To make your nail polish last the longest, get a four step finger file, not the rough ones, but the ones that smooth away ridges, file edges, smooth nail, a shine nail. After you do the steps your nails will be so beautiful you don't even want to put anything over them. Here is the trick...Because you are filing the nail, smoothing it and etc. you are actually making it a more even suface therefore the nail is more porous! Which in return makes the polish adhere better to the nail and last longer. When I do this my polish lasts at least five or so days before even chipping. I type alot so that alone would make it chip quicker.
Another great product to help you nails grow is the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Serum. Read for directions. this can be found at walmart, drugstores, and etc.  
Happy Polishing :)
Polish, Glitter, and Love....Elyse
***Comment below and tell me your favorite polishes, any of which can be found at drugstores.
Also comment if you have any requests for beauty tips, or any type of tutorial for makeup and more. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! Love this post. I don't paint my nails often because of chipping and I sometimes let the polish just sit on my nails until it chips away completely... not very professional looking now is it? LOL! Anyway, great tips. I'm in search of a favorite nail color and brand so I will definitely check out your suggestions.

    As for a beauty tip, I would love to learn about shaping eye brows. I personally pluck, but I have a hard time finding the right shape. I would love to try something other than plucking if it's quicker and still affordable. Open to any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for a beauty tip! I will work on either making a video, or a step by step way to do it! I personally pluck my brows to, I occasionally use wax strips. And thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete